IT Status is an online dashboard and notification tool that communicates ITS service outages, maintenance and current status updates to a general campus audience. Individuals may subscribe to any or all ITS services and receive email or text notifications.
Benefits & Features
No technology works 100% of the time. IT Status is a communication tool that keeps the campus informed of outages and downtime for systems, networking and applications.
- https://status.nebraska.edu displays on online "dashboard" of services and is Office of the President communication dashboard for IT-related incidents.
- Users can subscribe to receive any or all service notifications from the dashboard via email, text, RSS and Twitter.
- Users can also subscribe to an individual incident when it occurs and receive updates until the issue is resolved.
- Services with * indicate dashboard display only, 3rd Party component--to receive notifications go to the vendor status page.
- Past incidents and maintenance events are archived and can be reviewed.
- Incidents will be posted on Twitter @StatusNebraska
- Incident history available at status.nebraska.edu/history
How to subscribe via email or text:
Email and text are separate subscriptions.
- Go to status.nebraska.edu
- Click "Subscribe to Updates"
- Select email or text icon >enter email or phone number
- Toggle services on/off to select the services you want to receive notifications on
- Click "Update Preferences" and you are subscribed
Students, faculty and staff are eligible for this service.
There is no charge for this service, which is considered a common-good service.
Submit a ticket to the ITS Help Desk via firstname.lastname@example.org